Thursday, June 14, 2007

Snapshot

Ok, so it's 4am, I've just been pottering around but now I've run out of things to do and my crazed mind needs to keep itself occupied, dispite the way the sleep deprevation is being reflected by the downhill slide in my typing skills (the backspace key is my friend). Here's a snapshot of where I am at this point in time:

Reading: Tomorrow when the war began, John Marsden. We had to read it for English way back when, and I remember that I liked it and always meant to read the rest of the set. When I helped Fi set her new place up a couple of weeks ago I was unpacking books and found them, so I've borrowed the whole set.

Watching: Chris is trying to get me into Prison Break, watched the first episode last night. Liked it but not a good one to go to sleep to since you have to pay attention.

Listening: Triple M is on in the background, they were playing "Zombie" by Cranberries before - not sure if thats a statement about the state of mind of people who listen at this hour. In the car I have a new MP3 disk with 10 hours worth of music. I had a fair bit of time to kill when I made it so I numbered the tracks so that multiples by the same artist are spaced out - theres quite a few of Evanescence, Green Day, Live, Chili Peppers and some others.

Loving: My toe socks

Hating: My hair colour. Ok, so hate is too strong a word, but its gone blah after a few washes. It was meant to be dark violet, but it's come out brown. I'm going to go over it with red, which on hair as dark as this will just give a reddish tinge, nothing over the top.

Anticipating: Going to Queensland next Tuesday for a 2 week holiday, and to my housemate moving out.

Dreading: The final hour of my shift when everyones awake, I have a feeling its going to go badly, based on the events of yesterday evening.

In the next hour: I'm going to go make a cuppa, do the ironing and assist the first of the clients to get up and ready.

Later today: I'll go to bed around 8.30am, get up whenever I wake usually between 3 and 4pm, 5 at the latest, Visit the chiropractor at 6pm, Then Chris is making me dinner.

Feeling a bit more alert now, I always struggle around 3- 4am, but aparently thats pretty common. 'What's Good For You' had a segment about night shift workers the other day, and came to the conclusion that most people hit the wall around then. They also gave the increadibly useful advice that there is no ideal way to handle them, just don't eat junk food during the night, or have too much caffeine, and do what you feel like in terms of staying up or sleeping the next morning. Mind you, most of the conclusions on that show are blindingly obvious, they never tell you anything usefull. Among the other incredibly mind boggling finds this week, as the result of involved studies with a complete lack of controls: balanced diets more healthy than extreame vegan or meat- only diets! and, toilet seats best left down! Woah, who'da thunk it?

I said I was feeling more alert, I still reserve the right to ramble.

4 comments:

catsmum said...

perfectly coherent I would've thunk.
Would I like the Marsden?

Nadie said...

He writes well, but it's aimed at teens/ young adults. If you're ever feeling like an easy read then possibly

catsmum said...

btw I've got the Neverwhere DVD [ 6 x 30min BBC series ] for you to watch when you get up here :]

crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi there Nadie, I am glad you liked the makeup bag - somewhat of a novelty! isn't it - I hope you and Chris have a fantastic time in Townsville!