Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Goings on

The last few days have been fairly eventful. This is the first time I've been able to sit at the computer for long enough to write about it. I've given up trying to upload video of the kids as I tried all week on both computers at home as well as at work.

Thursday evening I had my monthly massage and Chiro adjustment, I also had a sleep assessment and bought a memory foam pillow. I discovered fairly quickly that I'm sensitive to the pillow and went back to my old one, although the short exposure was enough that my eyes are still itchy. Friday I rang the chiropractors to see if I could return the pillow and was told that should be fine.

Friday night I was supposed to be going to Ross's production with Fi, but neither of us was up for a big night so I instead met up with Nat and Kenny to catch up over coffee, and after Kenny left Nat and I decided to check what was on at the movies across from the cafe. We ended up seeing a 9.15pm session of Hairspray, which I loved. If you like comedic musicals and dance then I highly recommend it. It was all kinds of cheesy but great fun. I got home about 11.45pm, about half an hour before Chris who had late shift.

Saturday lunchtime I went to Cass's hens party in Pakenham. She decided to have a Tupperware party, which I thought was an odd choice in place of a hens night but still fun. Nat and I stayed on afterwards and when Dave and Bret arrived mid afternoon we decided to have a poker night. We finished up just after 1am. Chris had no way of joining us after work so instead went to a local pub for a party for someone who was leaving his work. While there he agreed to swap shifts with someone who needed to get out of a Sunday shift. He beat me home by about an hour. Dave messaged me the next morning to let Chris and I know they are planning another hens/ bucks night in a couple of weeks, starting with dinner together then moving on from there. Should be good.

Sunday morning while Chris was getting ready for work Fi called to see if we were still on for a BBQ that I had sort-of-but-not-quite-arranged-depending-on-weather. Chris was annoyed that he was missing our first BBQ but it couldn't be helped that he had forgotten it was a possibility when he picked up the shift. Ross came over just before 4pm and we met Fi at the shops to get what we needed then headed back to my place for evening drinks before firing up the BBQ around 6pm. It started to get dark not long after eating so we moved inside for games which is how Chris found us. Fi left just after 8pm then Ross, Chris and I settled in under quilts to watch "Practical magic" before crashing.

Yesterday was busy in a much more mundane sort of way. I had a staff meeting at a local pub, then dropped by the chiropractors with Chris to return the pillow and was told that I couldn't return it, but if I could come back the next day to talk to the chiropractor they would see about exchanging it and using the return as a demo pillow. Chris and I went to The Glen from there and had a coffee before doing a much needed big shop. Once we got home I made risotto for dinner and we watched 'Clerks' and 'Chasing Amy'.

Today I exchanged the pillow [wish me luck with the new one] and just pottered around until it was time to go to work. Chris worked during the day and finished an hour after I started. I like having the house to myself for a bit every now and then but I'm glad we generally work similar hours, although I'd probably get a lot more blogging done if we didn't!

until next time
xo

2 comments:

catsmum said...

Luck!

crazyhaberdasher said...

Once you get some Tupperware it tends to multiply/breed until you have a whole cupboard full that you don't know what to do with! According to Chris!