Saturday, January 12, 2008

Peace offering

I know, I know. I haven't blogged in ages. I would have on my night shift, except Internet access has now been restricted at work (boooo!). The rest of the time I've either been busy, or its been far to hot to be bothered, we've had several days over 40C, and one night where it didn't get below 30C. New Years eve got to a scorching 42C, and was spent with friends in and out of the blow up 3m x 1.8m pool that I got for Christmas, and have now been told nicely by the local council that I can't have without a pool fence.

A few things worth blogging about have happened while I've been slack: New Years, Games nights, BBQ's, but the moments have passed now, so instead you get what I did last night, which was last minute babysitting of my nephew Riley, so that mum and dadada could go to the movies.

Master Riley was very good apart from grizzles around nap time, and we had lots of good play time. He has hundreds of toys, so naturally he spent large periods of time playing with his remote (no batteries) and a can of coke. He also seemed fascinated by Chris.

3 comments:

catsmum said...

peace offering accepted ... and wouldn't your FENCE that is 6' high and has no gate access qualify as a pool fence?

Anonymous said...

No... the gate and doors aren't self closing, and the fence has gaps between pickets larger than 10mm.

crazyhaberdasher said...

He's so cute!
...and I have just spent the past few minutes playing with Mao! I had just discovered that if you move your cursor over him it moves too! Yeah, I know I am a bit slow with technology!