Monday, January 14, 2008

Swing in the City

Don't you just love those spur of the moment things? Yesterday I was out shopping when Ross called to ask if I wanted to go see a band in Fitzroy, so Fi, Ross and I met up at Parliament station and headed down to Fitzroy gardens armed with picnic blanket, drinks and nibblies. The afternoon started off with live music until 7pm, which was followed up by a swing dance class on the grass. At 7.30 things really heated up with awesome Melbourne 9 piece swing band 'Frankie Wants Out' [check out their myspace for music samples]. Frenzied dancing ensued, to the point where my calves are still offering half-hearted protests (they aren't fooling anyone). They played until 9.30pm, and Ross and I covertly bought cd's [the organisers weren't allowing sales as it was a free event], then the three of us returned to our picnic blanket to recuperate and reflect for a little while before making our ways to our respective ends of the city.

1 comment:

catsmum said...

jealous jealous jealous
ok I'm back now