Friday, March 09, 2007

All good things must end

Daylight savings is nearing its end *snif*. It was still dark yesterday morning when the 7am staff came on, and I was driving into the sunrise on the way to work this morning at 7.45. I only have a couple of early starts a fortnight so the difference between one and the next is fairly obvious. I also noticed that my yard was in shadow by 5.30pm yesterday. Being the total summer bunny that I am, this does not thrill me. I love it being light til 9pm in summer, Though I'd settle for 8. Ok, 7? No such luck. We are nearing the days of darkness for another year. How depressing. I don't know how places without daylight savings cope with it. How sad to live in darkness by 6.30 year round. Still, I guess its a matter of what you're used to.

On a happier note, Tomorrow marks the start of my first long weekend (in a public holiday sense) in three years. The only public holidays I've taken off in the time I've been working for Yooralla have been New Years Eve's. Not that I wouldn't work on monday if a shift was available. It just happens to fall on my day off and other people got in first. So what am I doing to mark this momentous occasion you ask? Haven't the foggiest. I was going to go camping with some of the guys, but life interveened on their side, so I am down to my usual waiting to see whats happening. I'll be catching up with people, just not going away. I also have Easter Monday free, but at least I'm working Easter Friday. I have however managed to pick up the saturday and sunday active nights for the weekend after easter, Which is most profitable, being 22 hours all up of the active night rates over the top of the weekend rates, including 13 hours on the Sunday split between the two shifts. I'll be buggered afterwards, but I have until Tuesday afternoon to recover so should be ok. I want to see how I go with consecutive active nights incase the chance to pick them up regularly ever comes up.


til next time, xo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... Don't worry baby, I'll find a way to keep the daylight going for you.

Anonymous said...

OK, I've worked it out. We're going to the North Pole. Pack lots of warm clothes.

catsmum said...

Yuck. Looks like you got a spammer there!
...and you could always come up here if nothing else is on offer.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were talking about me... 2 posts in a row and that's spam? Haha. I want to say "lol", but I don't want to be too geeky. Can I say "lol"?