Sunday, March 04, 2007

Those random moments

Last night ended up in a very different place to where it started out.

I had no idea at the start of the day what was happening, Nat was planning on coming round, and I was waiting on various other people to get back to me. It could easily have wound up being a quiet night in front of the tv. In the evening before Nat came over I had to drop something off at Fi's that had been left at the boys place, which was cleaned out yesterday and the keys returned. I hadn't seen Fi in over a month, so naturally I stayed a while to catch up, find out what she was doing that night, etc. She and Ross had already decided to catch up that night, so they both came round to my place.

We were all planning on making it a fairly early night. That was the plan. Then around 10.30 Fi got a phone call and found out one of her old friends was back in Ballarat and having a birthday party. We wanted to go but being fairly inebriated by that stage didn't think we had a way to get there. Wrong. Larissa, the only one of us who hadn't been drinking, and also the only one who didn't actually know the Ballarat boys, decided that an impromptu road trip sounded like an excellent idea, so at 11pm Fi, Ross and I piled into her car, and off we went! The actual party was a bit of an anti-climax, as it was after midnight by the time we got there, and the guy whose party it was crashed not long after we got there, but the road trip was fun, we got to catch up with a few people and meet some new ones, and a good time was had by all. We left Ballarat just after 3.30am, and got back home just after 5am.

Its been so long since we've done something totally random like this, it was great to just pack up and go on the spur of the moment. Last night was especially good since I hadn't seen Fi in a while, and we used to do random stuff on a weekly basis. It was great to get back to that, and I think we all really needed it.

3 comments:

catsmum said...

and had Beryl not been visiting, you could've all crashed here ... it being a hell of a lot closer to Ballarat than Glen Waverley is.

catsmum said...

are you going to see Weird Al Yankovic on the 23rd?

Anonymous said...

yes and next time we're doing something and I get the invite of a better offer, remind me to take it up.