Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Keeping myself awake

Well here I am on my fortnightly all-nighter, should be interesting trying to stay awake given that I'm already tired. I slept in til 10.30 today and tried to have an afternoon nap but failed miserably. Being an insomniac might generally be helpful in getting through an all nighter but unfortunately it doesn't help one to prepare for them.

Active night shifts are generally fairly uneventful, they consist of a couple of hours housework (which is best spaced out over the course of the night), hourly checks on the clients, and from 6am onwards assisting clients with getting ready for day placements. This leaves a fair bit of free time, which I generally spend watching dvd's or reading, and occasionally when I feel like I'm about to fall asleep, doing random things like jogging up and down the hallway. Up until a few weeks ago I was having fortnightly Buffy marathons, as I find short familiar story lines are best for when I'm trying to stay awake, but since Chris has gotten into Buffy and we are watching it together I can't do that unless I want to watch them twice, so I've tonight I've brought 'The Producers', 'As Good as it Gets', 'The Castle' and the second Carl Barron dvd. I won't watch all of them but I always bring more than I need in case I change my mind.

Change of subject, since I haven't been blogging regularly I guess I should sum up whats been happening lately, on the off chance that anyone other than mum and the boy check this. If you do, leave a comment, even if only to say hello! I'd post more often if I knew people were checking.

The main thing happening in my life at the moment is that Chris has moved in, or is in the process of doing so at least... Still has a fair bit of stuff at his old place as he has to rent a trailer, not to mention a car with a tow bar, to move some of it. The small stuff has been coming in dribs and drabs over the last week or so. Its going well, really enjoying having him around. My house mate is looking for another place but is happy to have another person to share the rent in the meantime, she's actually been quite pleasant to be around lately. Chris and I haven't decided whether or not to get someone else in once she moves. Tonight will be his first night staying at my place without me being there... wonder if it'll feel weird? He finishes work at midnight and has to train it back (also for the first time). Should get a call from him once he's on the train.

The other news is I have finalised my tatt design and my brother is going with me to see the guy who did his soon... more on that to come.

Speaking of my brother, my nephew Riley is now a month old, and cute as can be. I'll post photo's the next time I'm using from my own computer.

Well I guess thats enough for now, until next time!

Nadie

1 comment:

catsmum said...

hey some of my friends check your Blog! They just don't leave comments. I know for a fact that Maz and Nola do and so does Val from one of the classes @ Cerutty way. So that's 3 at least :]
Hope you got through the night okay and obviously I won't choose today to ring you.
hugz
and hi to The Boy from the outlaws