Sunday, February 25, 2007

goat trials and hiking trails

Went up the Kokoda walk in the Dandenong Ranges National park with Larissa today. I only got halfway before I felt lightheaded and had to turn back, but I think now that I know what to expect I'll get to the top next time. It was the forth time Larissa had been up, she only made it a quarter of the way up her first time, and made it to the top on her third attempt. The walk, also known as the 1000 steps, is a tribute to the Kokoda trail, and is supposed to give you an idea of the trial our soldiers went through. I'm not unfit, but I get short of breath, and therefore lightheaded, easily, probably because I had asthma as a child. Just as well I don't smoke.

Yesterday and Friday evening was spent up at mums, Chris and I had a nice dinner at the Five Flags hotel with mum and Dave on Friday night, and had a pleasant day relaxing on Saturday, which included a hike next door to meet the new billy goat, and to say hello to the does and super-cute kids. The neighbors gave me a 2litre bottle of fresh goat milk to try, as a lot of people with dairy allergies can tolerate goats milk. I had it in a cuppa yesterday and on my cereal this morning and am now having a banana thickshake. I'm still not sure whether I'm reacting to it or not, I feel a bit off at the moment but then I often do. I have that many allergies that I'll often feel like I've reacted to something without knowing what it is, so the only way to be sure is to have my allergies retested, which I have been given a referral for. When I get it done I'm going to have the dairy allergy tested more thoroughly to see if its only the lactose that I have a problem with.

2 comments:

catsmum said...

you may have overdone it a bit with the milk. Maybe just a little bit at a time you could tolerate. Pete and Brenda asked me today how you went with it, and did you like the cheese? I said yes.

Anonymous said...

Cheese was good. We like the cheese. We are very cheesy people.