Thursday, February 01, 2007

Ta daa!


Yep, I went through with it! [pause to allow anyone who fell off their chairs to pick themselves back up again] The tattoo artist had to change it slightly to get the detail to show, like spacing out the horns more and widening the cut under the wing, but other than that this is pretty much as I designed it.
This photo was taken 3 hours after getting it done, when I changed the bandage (ok, glad-wrap) for the first time. I have to change it again in the morning, and then it can come off tomorrow evening, and then for the next 10 days I need to rub cream into it regularly and avoid soaking it (so no baths or swimming).

The whole process was a lot less painful than I'd anticipated, apart from the occasional little pinch it didn't really hurt, although it was bleeding when it was finished. It stings a little like a very mild burn occasionally, and was tender when I washed it before changing the bandage, but I can't feel it at all now that its wrapped up again. I was also expecting it to look more icky at this stage, red or bruised or something. Maybe that will come out later. The skin around it was a bit pink when it was fresh, but it went down really quickly.

After we left the tattoo place, Chris and I went to visit Christina and Riley, who slept through most of the visit and was wearing the blue and white top that his nannie made for him. He woke up in time for a cuddle and had a bit of a whinge but cheered up in time to say a proper goodbye.

1 comment:

catsmum said...

the dragon looks very nice ... I don't think those minor changes are at all noticeable
and I'm glad that Riley was wearing his top again