Monday, February 19, 2007

I've decided to stay

Between not being able to blog at work, and non-members not being able to comment, I've decided not to move my blog after all. Still keeping that account, but just to keep in touch with friends

anyway the only thing I blogged about in myspace was the week in review, so heres a copy of that post:

Well, this is the first time I've actually had a chance to sit and type all week, so here's an update on whats bin going on...

My birthday celebrations kicked off last Saturday (10th) with the Evanescence concert. It was absolutly fantastic. Lead singer Amy Lee is every bit as incredible live as recorded, she has the most amazing voice, and also played piano, which was interesting when combined with bass that would jump start a flat liner. The songs were a great combination of ballads and rock, and they played pretty much the entire current album along with a few hits from 'fallen', such as 'tourniquet', 'going under', and of course, 'bring me to life'. The crowd was interesting, pretty much an anything goes kinda deal, with a smattering of goths and emo's (who I am not grouping together here, I know they are most definetly not the same deal), alongside the jeans and t-shirt crowd and the dressed up.

Sunday we went to the zoo, which was great fun, even though in the end most of my friends couldn't make it. The twighlight concert kinda sucked tho, in part because the sound system was decidedly crappy, but also because killing heidi just don't seem to be very good live.

On Monday (my actual birthday), I went up to mum's (Castlemaine) for the dayand we went to Dalesford together. We went to this cool little bakery that does all organic yeast-free stuff for lunch and I actually got a birthday cake for the first time in years... and it actually tasted GOOD! Then we went shopping for a pressie from my brother, and ended up getting a gorgeous hand-bag. Mum paid for my tatt and also got me an anklet, and Chris got me gorgeous red leather stilettos (not high ones, just a couple of inches if that). I also got a customised photo album from Nat that we're going to fill together, fluffy cuffs(!), cash and a JB giftcard.

Tuesday I met up with my oldest friend who I haven't seen in probably 10years, so that was interesting catching up. I've known this guy since before I can remember, so it was great to see him again, and we'll be sure not to go so long til the next time we see each other.

Wednesday was Valantines day. Chris and I were thinking of going for a day trip to sorrento or something, but in the end it was too hot and we couldn't be bothered. We both feel that it's just a hallmark holiday anyway and I'd rather do nice stuff on a random day, but I got a rose and a teddy and we went out for a nice dinner.

The rest of the week was pretty much just spent working, except for last night when Nat and I went to Cass and Daves for a game night. Haven't seen them in ages so that was great, got home just before 2am.

Anyway I'm sure I've missed stuff but that at least covers the good stuff, will probably add photos at some stage.

til next time!

No comments: