Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Retail Therapy

Well, here I am on night shift, armed with the new (and final) Harry Potter and ready to stay up til 8am. I'm up to page 236 since buying it Monday afternoon so might even finish it tonight. I'm going to be good and not put any spoilers, but I will say that the first 100 pages are very intense. I wasn't going to buy it yet but it was only $28 from Kmart so I figured what the hey. I really need to re-read the others though, I'm remembering details as I go along. Monday turned into quite the shopping spree. I also got one of those shiatsu massage things that you strap to a chair, and something else that Chris has made me promise not to tell you about until I have a photo to put up. Grrr.

After the shopping spree we went home for a bit to recover, then back to Knox to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at VMAX. I really enjoyed it, I thought they did much better then the last one, which had some very jerky transitions. Of course with such a long book they did have to cut some stuff out, they brushed over the details of Sirius' home, the painting of his mother, and Kreacher the house elf, for example, but on the whole it was very good. It can't have been easy deciding what to leave out when they didn't know what would be touched on again in the then unpublished books. At least that wont be an issue for the production of the remaining movies, all they have to worry about now is the aging cast. The twins in particular were looking much older, and are also no longer identical; one is taller and their noses are different.

In completely unrelated news, Suki is doing well. She isn't eating very much, but she is having small amounts regularly, including some dry food. She is still way too skinny, but does not seem quite as frail anymore.

Nothing much else going on really, Monday was my only day off in a while since I picked up an 11 hour shift on Sunday. Hopefully this weekend coming up will be a little more eventful. The weekend after that I've picked up the Saturday and Sunday active nights, in addition to my regular Wednesday.

Stay tuned to find out what else I got on Monday, its very difficult not to spill now that I have all this free time to blog.

2 comments:

catsmum said...

glad you agreed with me on the HP movie. Bring the book when you next come up.
btw I'm off to the Dr for [probably] a tetanus shot and antibiotics courtesy of Ms C Cat and as a result missing the quilt show reunion with Beryl and Corrie in Melbourne :[ :[

Nadie said...

really sorry to hear you're missing out on seeing beryl. Was going to bring the book up anyway and take the rest of the set