Friday, November 02, 2007

No rest for the wicked

Despite being sick this has been a pretty busy week, there hasn't been much happening which allowed for things that had been building up to be taken care of.

Tuesday was spring cleaning day, in between little rests Chris and I got a fair bit of cleaning and reorganising done. Not the most fun, but very necessary. Still some things to finish off as I banged my finger and had to take some time out with an ice pack, but no lasting harm done, now I just need to get around to cleaning the bathroom. I meant to make a shoesday post, but didn't have a photo ready and got sidetracked from taking one. It takes a lot of trial and error to take a decent photo of your own feet.

Wednesday Chris and I went shopping at Knox, where among other things Chris got a nice shirt and suit jacket for Cass and Dave's wedding, and I got some sneakers which I need to return as they arn't comfortable (never buy expensive shoes at the end of a long day on your feet). While we were having coffee I also found Village cinema vouchers and a forgotten JB gift card in my bag. As JB is directly opposite the cinemas, we bought movie tickets then browsed while waiting for the movie to start. I bought the complete season of Firefly, and Muppet treasure island, which is easily the best muppet movie. We then saw 'Death at a funeral', which was frankly painful to watch, and did the grocery shopping before heading home around 10pm.

On Thursday I dropped chris off at work then headed to the Glen to get a long overdue haircut. I have a tendancy to put off getting my hair cut because I don't trust anyone to do a good job. The hairdresser I got left a lot to be desired, she was way to casual about hacking into my hair. I'm certain my hair length isn't even remotely even, as she didn't even check, and she took more off than I would have liked, however it seems to be sitting ok and it probably needed the extra length off. After the cut I did a few errands around the shops, and bought some clothes. I need to return a skirt I bought as a seam is already coming undone, and I need to get some money back from another store as I got charged seperately for two shirts that were supposed to be 2 for $x. This evening I'm going to go to Knox to exchange the shoes and I'm going to try to sort the other stuff there as both chains are at Knox as well.

Cass and Dave's wedding is tomorrow afternoon, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is good. Melbourne weather is unpredictable at the best of times and during Spring all bets are off. Its supposed to be a garden wedding, to be moved indoors if its raining.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And by "painful to watch", she means hilarious, but in a most cringe-worthy way. You think Frank Spencer messes things up a bit? Pfft. Amateur.

catsmum said...

well I won't be going to see it then - I can't cope with cringeworthy!
Good luck with all the exchangings
and wish C & D all the best from us - not looking too hopeful with the weather but we need the rain. Just not on her wedding day.

crazyhaberdasher said...

..errr, were the sneakers for Cass and Dave's wedding too?

Anonymous said...

There was only one guest from memory who wore sneakers to the wedding, and it wasn't Nadie. No doubt there will be pics soon =D

Nadie said...

No the sneakers were because I desperately needed them, I already had my outfit.