Saturday, May 05, 2007

Flying North for the Winter

Chris and I are headed up to North Queensland on the 19th of June, staying with his sister in Townsville for about 10 days then up to Cairns for 5 days, depending on if we can get the dates we want for a holiday package in Cairns, otherwise we'll probably just go there for a day or two. If we get the package then the trip includes a Great Barrier Reef cruise.

Townsville may not the most desirable tourist location in QLD, but it'll be great to get away for a couple of weeks, for Chris to see his family and for me to see where he grew up. I got along with his family when they came down so definitely not averse to the idea of staying with them. It'll also be good to escape the middle of Melbourne winter. Chris assures me the weather is nice up there that time of year.

Mum is taking the cats for the duration, so it is entirely possible that Sophie, my cat that lives with mum, will never talk to me again, either that or she'll finally accept their existence. We just need to figure out details of how they are getting there and back: whether I'll go visit mum either side of the trip or if she'll come down, and whether it's just for a day trip or to stay over.

Anyway more details to come once I get confirmation on the holiday package

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok babe, you go up 19 July if you like, but I'm going up in June. Uni starts again mid-July.

Linda Mullen said...

I'm one of your mum's friends from Canada and my birthday is on June 19th. It's weird to think that some people think of this day as winter...How cold does it get there in June? It's still Spring here on the 19th but just barely as summer arrives on June 21st.

Nadie said...

Not cold by Canadian standards. We very rarely get more than frost, occasionally it will dip down below zero but not by much. Winter is June to August here.