Thursday, May 17, 2007

Sickie [updated]

I've been home sick for the last few days, I wasn't feeling too bad yesterday but as it would have been my all night shift last night I decided to play it safe and give it a miss, rather than make myself even more run down. Just as well as it turned out since I woke up this morning with a brand new set of symptoms. Will have to see how I go today and decide tonight whether to take tomorrow off as well. Went to the doctors on Monday and had blood tests done to try and figure out whats going on, just got the results back and nothing showed up.

In other news, Chris and I decided to get an xbox last week. I haven't had a games console since the Commodore 64 when I was about 6 and never really felt the need for one, but it was only $120 and I can take it with me on night shifts so what the hey! I wouldn't pay $600 for an xbox 360 and I certainly wouldn't fork out $1000 for a PS3, but the older consoles are so cheap now that I'm not fussed, and I don't really care about whether new games are available since I think they're a rip off anyway. Quite happy with 2nd hand games. The only problem now is getting Chris off it, he's become addicted to 'Need for Speed', I on the other hand, am still trying to master the controller, and excel in crashing in the racing games. Ah well. I'm slowly getting better at it.

The cats think they're on to a good thing with the xbox, but then again they think that of anything that gets their people to sit still for a while. When I'm playing Suki invariably winds up either on the arm of the couch or curled up against me. Sumi on the other hand has made it clear that Chris belongs to her. I'm not sure how we wound up with a cat each given that they've been here longer then he has but there you have it. Cats are like that though, they always have their favourite. That goes out the window when they have a sickie to take care of though, they were both very attentive while I was crook.

2 comments:

catsmum said...

hrumph ... it was a Commodore 128 for your information [ Nola talked us into not buying a 64 ]... and watch your wrist!
how many two leggers and how many four leggers are heading this way on the weekend?

Nadie said...

Chris is working so just me, hopefully I'll be right by then. I'll probably head up Sunday come back Tues in time for work