Sunday, December 16, 2007

Whoops

I've just accidentally made potato gems. They were supposed to be scones, but I must not have used enough flour.

Still quite nice, made with chives from the garden, just not what I was going for. They are really crunchy on the outside and very moist inside. I made them at work for savory afternoon snacks but I think they will go well with tomorrows roast dinner.

My insomnia has been kicking in big time the last few days. Last night I didn't get to sleep until about 5am, after going to bed at 11, and once I finally got to sleep it wasn't particularly restful. I did manage to have an afternoon nap today though, which just shows how tired I was because I hardly ever manage to fall asleep if I lie down for a nap. The good thing to come out of this is that my body hasn't realised yet that I'm on night shift, although it is only 2.15, and 3-4am is the real test.

It's going to be a pretty busy week. I finish at 9am in the morning, then go home to sleep for the day (after a night shift is the only time I go right to sleep). Chris finishes work at 4pm, which is about when I should be getting up, and then we are heading to Castlemaine (he's driving) to see mum for her birthday, coming home Tuesday lunchtime to work Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon. Thursday is my nephew Riley's first birthday, he's having a party that evening, and Friday Chris and I are having a Christmas BBQ at our place. Somewhere between all that we have to fit in a trip to the shops to get a couple of last minute pressies and stuff for the BBQ. Then I'm working night shift again Saturday and Sunday, recuperating Monday (Christmas Eve) and working Christmas afternoon and Boxing Day night shift.

I've taken a week off work after Boxing Day. I think I may need it.

2 comments:

catsmum said...

you forgot to mention fitting in Christmas lunch at your grandmother's!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hey There, just dropping by to say HI, and to wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a safe and Happy New Year. Hope to find more time to blog in the new year.
Take care, Meow