Monday, December 11, 2006

The humans are losing it!

[edited]

I knew something strange was going on when mum took us up to visit nanna, there were strange things all over the house; tall green prickly things covered with odd shiny things, strange little old men in red bathrobes with funny hats, and long snaky things that made scary rustling noises and shed sparkling hairs everywhere. That was just the beginning of the weirdness. I was sure nanna had lost the plot, but was assured by old ginger that this insanity was just a temporary madness that infected the humans once a year. I wasn't sure if I believed him, after all, he may not be as mean as the tortoiseshell, but he is still the enemy. When we returned home I was relieved to see that mum didn't seem to be affected by the madness, the strange things hadn't invaded our home, so I dismissed what the ginger had told me and soon forgot all about it.

Then today it happened, the madness set in. First there was a long box with strange prickly things stuffed in it. Mum pulled these out so that I could investigate the box (as it happens it was a very nice box), and the next thing we knew she had turned all the little green things into one of the tall things I had seen at nanna's! She didn't stop there though, and soon it was covered in the strange shiny things. Mum had a couple of the odd little men too, but thankfully not as many as nanna did. There was also some of the strange snaky stuff, which Suki and I beat into submission to make sure it wouldn't attack mum. Once we were satisfied that it was safe, we sat back and kept an eye on the proceedings.

Sumi

1 comment:

catsmum said...

just you wait girly... this is just the tip of the ice berg.
hang tough and it will all go away in about 3 weeks.
purrs
Oakley [aka Old Ginger]
oh btw Nanna says to keep up the good work subdueing the snakey things