Sunday, December 10, 2006

Updates

Well yesterdays post was pretty short cos I was on a time limit, so now that I have a bit more time on my hands I shall endeavour to satisfy your post cravings.

I got my Evanescence tickets on Friday, we general floor tickets, which means that on the off chance that anyone decides later on that they want to join us, they will be able to (provided that it hasn't sold out). I'm listening to Ev's latest offering 'The Open Door' as I type this. At the moment I still prefer their first album 'Fallen', but this is definitely growing on me. Singer Amy Lee's voice has an ethereal quality that lends an incredible depth to every song she touches. This is not music for simply listening to, this is music to lose yourself in. Most of Ev's music emanates despondency, with many songs giving off strong jilted lover vibes, yet for all the anger in the music, it is beautiful.

My house mate finally paid last months rent on Friday, after I left her a message telling her if I didn't get it that day I was serious about her getting out this weekend. I have allowed her a bit more time to move out, but she had better be gone by Christmas. She still hasn't lifted a finger around the house, I ended up cleaning my wok after she left it sitting out for over a week, and the floors are in a disgusting state. At least she doesn't seem to have been smoking in her room again. If she does, she will be out the next day. I feel incredibly uncomfortable in my own home at the moment, and cannot wait to be rid of her.

2 comments:

catsmum said...

I'm sorry that Larissa is complicating your life at the moment but this too shall pass [ eventually ]
Very evocative review of Ev btw. Shall I try to download it or is my beloved DD going to bring it with her later in the week?
and in a second btw ... Beryl taped Pirates on the hard drive last night and is going to burn us a copy!! [ but the video WAS working properly for once so I DO have it albeit not the quality of a DVD ]

Nadie said...

I'll bring evanescence up with me on Thursday. Good to hear you managed to get hold of pirates