Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Somebody take me to Evanescence for my birthday

Ok, so subtlety is not one of my strong points, but I just found out they are in Melbourne 2 days before my birthday and I really really really wanna go (preferably with friends, will stick to things like cirque du soleil and theater with mum). I'll pay for my own ticket, just need someone to go with. Several someones even. I'm not picky. C'mon guys! just pay for a ticket for yourself and you get out of buying me something for my birthday! No need to point out which would be the cheaper option, that's not the point. This way you are treating yourself too. Everybody wins!

Anyway, its bin a while since I've posted so here's a quick rundown of whats bin going on.

The biggest news is that I've had enough of my housemate and have told her I want her gone by the end of the week. Its bad enough that she doesn't lift a finger except to create mess. I can go away for a week and when I come back every pot and pan she used the night before I left will still be sitting on the bench, along with the marks from every spill. I also don't think she's used the broom or vacuume cleaner the entire time she's been living here. The final straw however, happened last night. I got home at 8pm and knocked on her door to ask her to come switch the cars around, as she gets up early and neither of us will park in the street because of vandals. She proceeded to hurl abuse at me, which I will not repeat here. When she eventually came out she apologised (still in a snarky tone of voice) and defended her actions by claiming she was under a lot of stress. As I would not speak to my worst enemy the way she spoke to me, I don't particularly care for excuses. I also caught her smoking in her room again after having had to tell her 4 times not to. She knew when she moved in that there was not to be any smoking in the house. So, having already been debating whether to kick her out, she has made up my mind for me. As she hasn't given me last months rent yet I doubt that I will see it, let alone this months, but right now I just want her out.

On a happier note I have gotten back in contact via email with one of my best friends from my childhood, the earliest friend I can remember. It was great to get back in touch with him and hopefully we'll be able to meet up sometime. We haven't been in regular contact for easily 10 years so it could be interesting to see where our lives have taken us.

In other news the boy's family are visiting for his birthday, I met his sister and brother-in-law today and they both seem really nice, meeting the parents tomorrow which I'm a little nervous about, but I'm sure they'll be lovely. It's just I've never done the meet-the-parents thing before; my ex's parents lived in India and I haven't been with anyone else long enough for it to get to that stage... sure it will go fine though. Anyway they are down for 2 weeks so I will have a bit of time to get to know them. They are actually coming to mum's for a day next week which should be good.

Well, that's enough for now. I'll try not to go so long between posts next time.

2 comments:

catsmum said...

You don't want to go see Evanescencence with your MOTHER??? I'm crushed !
Got the new CD yet?
hugz

Nadie said...

Well they are playing at least 2 nights if you want to take me as well...