Sunday, August 05, 2007

A post for posts' sake

Its 3.33am and I'm bored. I'm being well paid for my boredom, since I've picked up the Saturday and Sunday night shifts this weekend, but right now that thought isn't helping much. I'd rather be curled up in bed.

Today's activities were perhaps not the best preparation for an all-night shift, I managed to sleep in until 11am, then after lunch did a half hour aerobic workout and stretches. I had just finished and started to relax when Chris called from work to say that he had realised at the servo that he didn't have the key to open the fuel cap on my car, and it was precariously low on petrol. So I walked the 2+ km uphill to the station and caught the train to his work, arriving 15mins before he finished. By this stage my legs were protesting the amount of exercise they had been forced to endure, and I would have been quite happy to crash for the evening. We managed to get to the servo in time and arrived home at 5.30 and attempted to have an afternoon nap. At 7.30 we gave up, got ready and went out for a really nice pub meal, which we finished in time for me to drop Chris off home and head off for work. All things considered I am holding up quite well, but 3-4am is always challenging.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had something worth posting about, but as I've been working everyday since my last post there really isn't any news, and as I have 2 more night shifts to go this week, there isn't likely to be any. Things should pick up later in the week.

Until next time

Nadie

1 comment:

catsmum said...

so I know not to ring you until you've recovered.
Ms C may be calming down a wee bit. Fingers crossed.