Sunday, November 19, 2006

A wedding, uninvited guests, and a head start on this summers tan

I went to my cousin's wedding reception at the Royal Botanical Gardens on Friday night. Mum and Dave came to my place earlier in the afternoon, we got ready together, and headed out, dropping Chris off home on the way.

This is my sister in law Christina and the bump formally known as peanut. Considering that she is due in 5 weeks, there isn't very much there, She had to put her hands underneath to emphasis bump for the photo.

This photo is of Chris and I, he didn't go to the wedding, but had spent the day at my place and was chief photographer.

Mum, Dave and I left the reception just after 11, mum dropped me off at home then headed back to Castlemaine, and I pottered around for an hour or so, wide awake and restless. At 1am I got a call from Ross, asking if I wanted to come round to Fi's place for drinks, as they had just gotten back from a 21st. Problem solved! I quickly changed out of the formal gear and headed over. At about 4am we decided it was bedtime, so Ross and I took Fi's bed and she took her sisters.

Saturday dawned bright and sunny so the three of us decided to grab fish and chips and head for the beach, where due to lack of beach gear we ended up in our undies. We headed back to Fi's around 2 and were glowing pink by the time we got there. Ross headed off after about half an hour, and I dropped Fi off on the way home to have a cold shower and slather on some aloe vera gel before heading to the boy's place. My sunburn continued to develop for the rest of the evening, but thankfully is not particularly painful except when I scratch myself on something, and is already starting to settle down into a tan.
Today has been comparatively quiet, Chris has a long shift today so I joined him for lunch at the hogs breath café, then home briefly before meeting my sister-in-law at Knox so she could give me invitations to her baby shower. Chatted with her and her mum for a while then headed home, where I have just fumigated my car with half a can of fly spray as I have squished about 10 baby huntsmans in there since yesterday afternoon, and I don't want to risk any of them reaching adulthood. Babies I can deal with, but those buggers can be very aggressive once they're grown and they have a nasty habit of hiding under sun visors or in air vents and startling people into running off the road.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far all your pictures of me are whilst wearing the one shirt. To anyone else who sees these pictures, please understand I do have other shirts. Honest.

Anonymous said...

BTW... you do look good in red. =D

catsmum said...

so would the plural of huntsman be huntsmen?

Anonymous said...

Hey Nadie,
Your probably not going to believe this, but this is your old old friend Daniel.
If the name hasn't rung a bell i wouldn't be surprised because i haven't seen you since we were very young. anyways, im using my mums blog spot thing to get in contact,speaking of which my mum came down to see your mum the other week at the house and asked if she could pass on a message that i was trying to get in touch with you.
Anyway, if you want to catch up sometime i have like 3 e-mail accounts to message me on.

daniel.gibson01@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I remember there used to be this blog, written by this really cute girl, and it would get updated every now and then. And it was like, good and stuff to be able to read the updates. I should tell you about it sometime.

catsmum said...

hey nadie about time for a witty new post ... there must have been SOME blog fodder in the last week... and look... Daniel wants you to email him!