Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Melbourne Cup Eve

Gatecrashed a cup eve party tonight. Well, not really. It was a friend of a friends party, which Fi asked me to and then thought, well really should find out if thats ok. It was, so all good. Not the most exciting party on the planet, Fi, Ross and I spent most of it out the front, chatting with assorted people who were coming and going. Everyone went home by 1.30, which isnt particularly late for us but oh well, as I said it wasnt the most happening place to be. Luckily it was only about a km or so from my place so I stumbled home and will wander back up tomorrow to reclaim my car.


If nothing else, the party was a good excuse to get dressed up. These photos were taken with my phone, so they arn't the best, but you get the idea. The point of the party was to dress as you would for the races. Obviously I wasnt about to wear one of my good dresses to some little party for someone to spill on or burn, so I went for a gorgeous red top that I've been waiting for an excuse to wear, coupled with an asymmetrical 3/4 length black skirt and black heels. Hotness! :D. Ross looked very spiffy in his suit, complete with pink bow tie and cummerbund, and Fi looked great in her black dress with red heels and accessories. We ended up complimenting each other quite nicely, which was totally unintentional.

Anyway, I should probably get myself a glass of water and try to sleep. I have to go to work in 12 hours. Ah well. Its public holiday rates, so can't complain. Night night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww sexy! It looks like your camera has consumed more alcohol then any of you did though.

catsmum said...

I agree with Chris. You look umm [ are mothers allowed to say their DDs look hot? ] gorgeous :]
Now you slacker, how about another post?