Saturday, November 04, 2006

Exciting stuff

Just thought I'd hop on here quickly while I'm waiting for one of my best friends and my bf to get here. I did end up going to Nonna's for lunch, only gave her 2 hours notice though, so all (!) she had time to make was soup, pasta, prawn skewers and calamari. It wasn't even home made pasta (well, the sauce was, of course), so she must have been rushed. Trust me, with my nonna its best not to give too much notice, had I let her know yesterday that I'd be coming over, there would have been at least twice that much food.

After we finished lunch, Nonna made coffee. Real coffee. Coffee that makes the stuff from your average café look like dishwater. It's served in a demitasse (those teensy little cups), and even so a couple of serves will keep you up all night, and 3 will have you swinging off the chandeliers. I've never been game to try more than 3, that would probably lead to heart palpitations or something. That said, it is beautiful stuff, and not to be turned down, at least not in small quantities.

On arrival home, armed with leftovers, I discovered a care package from mum in the letter box - my phone charger, shirt and a sock that had been left at her place. Thanks mum! I knew she was sending the charger, the other stuff could have waited til the next time I'm seeing her but it's good to have it back.

Once in the door I took one look at the place and decided it was time for a clean up. I get on well with my housemate but she is sevearely lacking in the housework area, even in little things like wiping off the cutting board and putting it away, or giving benchtops a quick wipe. Things that should be done automatically. It is usually a case of who cracks first, which is generally me. Grrrr. Anyway. The house is now (kind of) presentable, and the guys are on their way. I mopped, but haven't vacuumed, even though the place desperately needs it, because I refuse to do absolutely everything. I know most of my friends arn't really fussed about the state of the place, but I like my home to be presentable, and the standard since my housemate moved in gives me the absolute irrits. ah well. *end whinge*

5 comments:

catsmum said...

Could you try sitting down with her and drawing up a roster for the jobs?
I guess it's hard finding the right tone with a housemate who's never lived away from home before.
Good luck sweety :]

Nadie said...

she's lived all over the place

catsmum said...

oh-kay then ... tougher situation altogether.

Anonymous said...

Im the one with the housemate wet behind the ears... Drawing up rosters mean you also have to stick to it for it to work.

catsmum said...

yeah well your housemate is more than 10 years younger than hers!