Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Isn't it Ironic, Don't You Think?

A bit of background: my ex did his masters at Monash and now runs his own computer business. He builds them, maintains them, does networking, the works. So naturally he set up my system, and networked my housemates and my computers.

My internet goes down regularly, and my ex's explanation was that it was a fault with the technology and nothing could be done. He also had endless trouble networking the computers, and ended up using a second router, which, as it turned out, he left exposed to hackers. Chris enters the picture, at the end of his first year at uni, and promptly figures out both the problem with my net disconnecting and simplified the network, cutting out the extra router. Maybe its just me, but I find that extreamely funny :)

3 comments:

catsmum said...

Maybe he can work out why mine cinstantly cuts out too ?... seeing the same person built it as yours!
ansd I don't know about funny ... ironic maybe?

catsmum said...

constantly I meant

Anonymous said...

Another typo? Oh dear. By the way, we also put in a filter for the phone. Still having problems with the ISP dropping connection cinstantly. :p