Thursday, November 02, 2006

Up past my bedtime

Well, here I am, working hard on my fortnightly all night shift. Not long now, things should start getting interesting soon, 7am til 8am is the busiest part of the shift and then I'll be off home to bed just as my housemate is leaving for work. She has one of those strange 9 til 5 jobs, don't know how she copes really.

Seriously though, I've bin working hard. Got here at 10pm, talked to my boy for a while til the phones battery went dead then did a couple of hours housework, made lunches, cooked some pumpkin and zucchini scones and cleaned the fish tank, then settled down for a few hours of Ab Fab dvds, with bed checks between every other episode. Shortly I'll be starting assisting clients in getting ready for day placements. Tough gig this.

Yesterday (which to my sleep deprived brain still registers as today) was spent sleeping as late as possible (1.30pm), then mundane stuff like housework, cooking and shopping, then a couple of classes at the gym, which I figured would either wear me out totally, or leave me invigorated for my night shift. It was a risk, but it paid off, with the result that after the class my upper arms were buggered, but I was the most wide awake I had been all day.

Anyway, time to get back to work,

Til next time

Nadie

2 comments:

catsmum said...

sleep well sweety...about time you started seriously trying to find a job worthy of the time you put into getting your degree tho n'est-ce pas?

Nadie said...

Sure is